Wednesday, August 1, 2007

"go tropical!"




That was the advice that Jim, a local tattoo artist in Austin, TX told me recently when I asked him where he'd like to live most (this was after he told me that he didn't like where he lived). He had a couple of parrots on his forearms to prove just how serious he was about being in that sort of climate. Jim proceeded to tell me, as he was giving me a tattoo, that he accidentally messed up a client's rose thorns recently because he was distracted by a conversation about a television show. Luckily, I don't watch much TV and was able to harness his concentration in that regard. Shortly thereafter, we did not go tropical, but NW through Texas, stopping in Amarillo, TX for the Cadillac ranch which was incredibly meditative. Pictures attached! Love to all, Julia

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful that you'all went north to Amarillo and the Cadillac Ranch. Kind of wild driving up to all those cadi's half buried. Go to Pueblo NM for real Mexican food and good grease for the Ladyhawke. My best regards,
Joseph